We have used the most up-to-date technologies and techniques to provide you with well fitting, functional, and esthetically pleasing dentures. We feel confident that after a few weeks of becoming adjusted to your new dentures, you will have years of satisfaction and use from them.
- THE FIRST FEW WEEKS: New dentures always feel strange when they are first placed in the mouth. Several days or even weeks will be required for you to become accustomed to them.
- SORE SPOTS: It is common to develop sore spots after wearing the dentures. We compare it to getting blisters with a new pair of shoes; they become more comfortable as you wear them. If sore spots develop, begin rinsing with warm salt water a few times per day and call our office to make an appointment for a quick adjustment. These adjustments are included in the denture fee for up to one year after delivery.
- CHEWING & TALKING: The new bite may not feel completely comfortable for a few days. Practice your new biting habits and your speech in a mirror and they will become more comfortable the more your practice.
- LOWER DENTURE: Often, the upper
- denture will have more suction and support than the lower due to higher surface area suction over the pallate. If your lower denture does not stay in place, this may be due to loss of bone in your jaw over time. You may be a good candidate for implant-supported dentures, this will allow your dentures to “click” into place and feel more sturdy and comfortable. Please call for a free consultation with us if you’re interested.
- CLEANING: Use a soft bristle toothbrush with no toothpaste to brush your dentures and gum tissue. Denture cleaners are available at your drug store. Please bring your dentures to your dental recare check-ups to allow us to professionally clean them in the ultrasonic cleaning machine.
- CHECK-UPS: It is important to stay compliant with your recommended 3-6 month recare check ups to we can screen your mouth for oral cancer, evaluate tissues and bone, professionally clean , check, tighten your dentures, and more. Your dentures may become loose after a few years due to normal bone shrinkage. We can reline your dentures to make them fit tighter as needed. A lab reline is an additional cost and normally happens one year or more after denture delivery.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING US TO CARE FOR YOUR DENTAL WELLNESS.